A decorative concrete contest event!
The time has come to prove your worth. Assemble your crew and compete for decorative concrete dominance! One day. Mystery materials. Grand Prizes.
- Teams must preregister by August 1, 2018
- There will be a limit of 10 teams for this competition
- Companies may only field 1 team of 6 members (minimum of 3 members)
- Each team will have a 20’ x 20’ space
- There will be a section for lumber, stakes and other set up materials… each team will get a maximum of 3 yards of concrete
- Everyone will start of with the same, integrally colored concrete
- There will be a second area of stamps, form liners, specialty tools, colors, release agents etc. that teams will pick from, as well as screed boards, bull floats, finishing tools etc.
- A third area of “additional” materials will be available… vertical mix, concrete block… etc.
- Teams will have a set amount of time to select their materials and tools to bring back to their station
- You must keep the same team/individuals working throughout the competition- no substitutes.
- You can only use the materials and tools provided…you can use your own hand tools
- No working before or after the posted contest hours
- Ready mix concrete will only be available day 1
- You must also provide a description of the project with features and benefits by end of first day.
- There will be material and tool stations available for use all 3 days. You cannot use any tools or materials from any other source.
- You cannot ask for help from anyone outside of your team.
- You will be penalized for infractions of any of these items
Judging Criteria: Judging will be based on the following on a 1-10 rating scale per category (1 minimum, 10 maximum)
- Overall Quality of Workmanship
- Overall Design
- Unique Features
- Functional Qualities
- Use of Color
- Cleanliness of work area
- Unique use of Materials
- Oral Description of Finished Product
Tuesday August 21st
- Team Check in: 7:00am - 7:30am
- Contest Overview: 8:00am - 8:15am
- Official Start: 8:30am
- Concrete Arrives: 10:00am
- End of first Day: 5:00pm
Wednesday August 22nd
- Work Resumes: 7:00am
- End of work day 2: 12:00pm
Thursday August 23rd
- Final Work/Cleanup: 7:00am - 10:00am
- Judging: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Winner Announced 11:30am
Johnny, tell them what they can win:
Stones of Athens (full set)
Roman Slate (4 large and 2 small tools)
Trinity Concrete Dimension
Brickform Mat Pounder (2)
Brickform set of detail wheels (One of each)
Over $7500 retail value, plus 12’ enclosed trailer
Brickform Ashlar Slate/European Fan/London Cobble (9+2 of one of the designs)
Keltic Knot Concrete Dimensions
Brickform Mat Pounder
Over $6500 retail value
Trinity Concrete Dimensions
Over $1500 retail value